Sunday, August 15, 2010

Job

I haven't written in a while. We are in the midst of moving from MI to PA and the entire thing has been a trial. This is by far the hardest "house buying" we have ever experienced. It seems to be centered around the realtor for the seller and it has been very difficult, to say the least.

So I decided, or God prompted me, to read Job. You want to talk about trials! WOW I am only on chapter 18, so there is still SO much more to go, but what amazes me about Job is his unfailing relationship with God. His dedication to the Lord. The Almighty!

As you all know the hardships just kept coming, children, servants, cattle all dying. Sicknesses of every kind coming upon him. "Friends" who weren't exactly being friendly, yet, he still knew God was there.

But even more amazing is that Job knows that God has allowed this to happen to him. He knows God has control of the situation, YET, he loves the Lord. He knows that he is ruler of all and that no one is righteous before Him. He still believes in his God. He still knows that HE is around, watching over him. And that his trials were justified, somehow. He may no know the reason, but he knows that God will see him through.

WOW, just WOW! I know that at times like these I just sit and wallow in self pity. There are times I want to hang out in my justified sadness and make everyone miserable with me. To be honest I get so caught up in my feelings that I forget that God can help me with all of that. He can bring me out of the storm. But only if I acknowledge Him. If I don't, than there never seems to be a ligtht at the end of that tunnel. Dispare sets in and boy is it ugly!

It is only when I begin to see glimpses of the end do I really take the time to thank the Lord. Maybe that is just it. For we wimpy believers God will look at us and say, "OK I will toss her a little nugget." I know that at times I need just that. I need Him to give me some good in the bad. OR to be reminded to listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit so I will recognize some good among the bad. It is only then that I realize that I need to get out of this funk and look at the glass in a different light. Psalm 23 says that my cup will over flow. When I look back, it most certainly has and these little hiccups along the way are just that, hiccups. Not world ending occurances!

God is still God. He is still in control. He will never leave me or forsake me. He is always there. I just need to take the time to listen and look for Him, in each moment of the trail.

Thanks Job. What an unbelievable lesson.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry things are not going so smoothly for you! Praying that you continue to see HIM at work in your lives. Believe me, He isn't asleep on the job and is working on your behalf for HIS good! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we've been in the trenches at the same time - hang in there, sister! One of my favorite verses says, "When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider this: God has made the one as well as the other." (Prov. 7:14) Good times, bad times, frustrating or overwhelming times, God is still in control and is accomplishing His good purposes in us. I'm struggling so hard lately to learn to be content in God, instead of in my circumstances...really does feel like an all-out war sometimes, and I get so weary. Am so glad for the assurance that - despite present struggles - this fallen woman will one day be completely transformed into the image of Christ!
    http://hurricane-camille.blogspot.com/2010/08/good-medicine.html

    Camille

    ReplyDelete