Saturday, June 19, 2010

Fathers Day

In this day and age there are so many men out there that are not being men. I walk down the street and see boys, I think, that are dressed to make my generation confused about if they are male or female. They think this is cool? Why? I just don't get it.

I want my son to grow to be a man. I want him to WANT to work hard, earn a living to support his family, love and honor his wife, love and discipline his children, and a list of other manly things. Why is this a lost art? Why is it that so many young men I have met in the last 5 years have no aspirations of working hard? Why do they feel that sitting on the couch at their parents home is a good thing? Why do they not respect themselves or the people in their lives?

On that note, I have to say that I am ever so thankful that my sons, and daughters for that matter, have a hard working, wife loving, child respecting father to look up to. My husband has set the bar high and I know that my children love him for it. I am thankful to God that he took my husband, made him HIS and molded him into a man that our children can be proud of, that I can be proud of.

Thank you Lord Jesus for a loving husband. Thank you for the blessing that you have given me in him.

Tell your husband/fathers how wonderful they are! They need to hear your words that bring honor and respect more than anything else.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment