Friday, February 19, 2010

Amen for Christian sisters!!!

Can I just say that I love my sisters in Christ.

As you know we are traveling all over the country. We left with such an excitement to see all of God's creation. And, we have. WOW the beauty of our country, our continent is amazing.

But, as our journey progressed and we are working on being on the road 7 months, the beauty of the country is becoming my third favorite thing.

First has been the greatness of my family. It has been fun hanging out with our crazy teens, our kooky little 9 year old and of course my number one dude - my hubby.

But the new second has been the blessing of sisters in Christ, my girlfriends. I don't know if I have the words to describe the love I feel for them. It is a love that only Christ can give. A bond that can never be broken for we share one heart.

My journey has been wonderful because of them. It all began in VA on my way out to see my dear friend Jen, going back to Marquette to see my sisters Susan, Mim and JoAnn (and many others from our church) one last time, to our trip to WA to see Pam, to CO to see Chris, and Heather, to AZ to see Anice, toTX to see Bonnie, to TN to see my friend Kaye and then be enveloped with love by my sweet sisters, Liz, Kathy, Teresa, Linda, Rene, Mary, Andra and Dottie (Jeanette and Camille in spirit) in Millington, where we used to live and where my walk with the Lord began. Not to mention some new sisters that happen to be the wives of my husbands friends. Even though we didn't know each other, we have a common bond - CHRIST!

I know there are others that I haven't seen yet like Sandie, Lisa and Michelle and I am SO looking forward to it. They encourage me, revive my spirit and just leave me with so much fuel to go on. I am blessed, blessed beyond measure.

Thank you sweet sisters for making my life so wonderful!!!

1 comment: