Friday, February 26, 2010

Words of Wisdom

This is a short post today, but something to truly ponder and act on...........................

I was doing my Beth Moore Study called "To Live as Christ" and she put down some things that I think we all could/should learn from.

She writes: "God's gift of salvation is complete. Although we can't accept more salvation, we can receive on a daily basis:

1. A greater filling of the Holy Spirit
2. A deeper wisdom
3. A more obvious disclosure of God's activity (see John 14:21) ** written below**
4. More effectiveness in service
5. Character more conformed to Christ, and best of all
6. A more intimate relationship with Christ

John 14:21: "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

I have written these on a 3x5 card and have them posted near my bed so when I pray, these are the things I add to my prayers. There is a lot here to chew on, but it is one of those things that needs to be done with the Lord, not with me.

I hope you put these into practice. I believe our lives will be all the better for it and God's truth will be spread further.................

XO

4 comments:

  1. I like that she says "...we can RECEIVE on a daily basis..." God is faithful to complete the good work He has begun in us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Sue -- thanks for sharing! I always enjoy reading what you have to say. The point of this comment, though, is really to ask if you mind sharing your recipe for Kaiserschmarren? DH read your comment on The Hurricane Report & thought it sounded yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to. Do you want me to post it here or send you and email? Let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can email me at epritzel@gmail.com. Thanks SO MUCH! Or post it ... whatever's easier.

    Dennis will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete